Question: Can women attain the position of mujtahid? Would you please elaborate.
Reply: It is possible for a woman to become a mujtahid, however she cannot become a marja’ -i taqlid for others. Istifta’at Vol. 1, p. 21.
The men and women of Qum are exemplary in their learning and their willingness to act, as are the men and women of Iran on the whole. 17 May 1979 (27 Urdibihisht 1358 AHS)
If you are in a position that requires you to educate small girls, educate them well. If you are in a place where your position is to propagate, then do so well. All segments of the population in whatever post they may occupy must carry out their duties well.
13 September 1979 (22 Shahrivar 1358 AHS)
One of the most significant effects of this movement is the change brought about in all of you, in the ladies, in the brothers and sisters alike. That change is the sense of duty that we all now feel, a duty to our country, a duty to educate, to educate people in those things that will be useful to them in religious and worldly affairs. 16 September 1979 (25 Shahrivar 1358 AHS)
- imam khomeini:
- We have been hurt more by America than by all others.
- American domination carries with it the entire miseries of the oppressed nations.
- America is the number-one-enemy of the oppressed and deprived peoples of the world.
- America says 'we have interests in the Region.' Why should it have interests in our Region and why should the interests of the Muslims belong to America!?
- Muslim nations hate foreigners generally, Americans, especially.
- Let the world know that any trouble that Iranian nation and Muslim nations have is caused by foreigners, by America.
- The most important and painful problem that Islamic nations and non-Islamic nations of the dominated states face concerns America.
- All of our distresses are caused by America.
- Our entire misery is by the hand of America.
- America wants you for your oil, wants you as a market, to take away the oil and sell you junk!
- The real enemies of the Quran, Islam and its holy Prophet (SAW) are the superpowers, especially America.
- America, this natural criminal that has set the world on fire and its colleague, world Zionism, to reach their objectives commit crimes that pens and tongues are ashamed to describe.
- Our entire troubles come from America and Israel.
- Let the president of America realize that he is the most hateful individual to our nation.
- The feelings of the Iranian nation concern American government, not American nation.
The event of Ashura and its significant achievements are considered to be the fountainhead of many fundamental changes in the Islamic history. These achievements, however, are not limited to the time of that event. The martyrdom of Imam Hussein (A.S) along with his faithful companions on the 10thof Muharram 61 AH, created one of the most heart-breaking scenes and brought on the course of human history such a change whose profound impact after about thirteen centuries is still being felt. In fact, with the passage of time not only this event has not been consigned to oblivion, but also its immense values are day by day increasing in all dimensions among the Islamic Ummah.
Imam Hussein (A.S), the highest of martyrs, rose up against the corruption in government of Yazid who claimed to be the caliph of Muslims at that time. In the era of Bani Umayyad, those who were to follow the succession to the caliphate after the death of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) had caused a decline in religion by distorting the pure tents of Islam and denial of the divine revelation; it was as if they were again at the age of Jahiliyah (ignorance).....