One civilian has lost his life and dozens of others have sustained injuries after New Delhi’s soldiers raided a village in Indian-controlled Kashmir.
According to police and witnesses, Indian force from a nearby army camp raided homes and thrashed the residents of Khrew village, located in the restive southern district of Pulwama.
The assault led to the death of a 30-year-old teacher, identified as Shabir Ahmad Mongu, and the injury of some 60 other people in the area, the locals said.
Unknown gunmen have killed two soldiers and a police officer in Indian-administered Kashmir amid heightened tensions in the disputed Himalayan region.
The assailants ambushed two army trucks and a police car overnight in Baramulla district, 60 kilometres (37 miles) west of the region’s main city of Srinagar, police said Wednesday.
Three more people were injured in the ambush. A search is underway to find the attackers.
Indian army convoys have been patrolling Kashmir at night more frequently in recent weeks amid a wave of unrest in the region.
Fresh series of clashes erupted in Kashmir on July 8, when people protested against the killing of Burhan Wani, a popular pro-independence fighter at the hands of Indian forces.
There are an estimated 500,000 Indian troops currently deployed in the restive territory. The country has imposed a curfew across large parts of the territory since July.
Since India and Pakistan won independence from British rule in 1947, the arch-rivals have been claiming Kashmir in full but have had only partial control over it.
Thousands of people have been killed in the unrest in Kashmir since early 1990s.
[In the U.S.] blacks are ignored and humiliated. Besides, their lives are in danger as well.
April 4th marks the anniversary of the assassination of Martin Luther King Jr., the well-known American Civil Rights leader. On this occasion, a review of Ayatollah Khamenei’s remarks on the status of blacks in the United States is published...
Ayatollah Khamenei, the Leader of the Islamic Revolution, met Sunday afternoon with John Dramani Mahama, the President of Ghana. Hassan Rouhani, the President of Iran, was also present at the meeting.
- imam khomeini:
- We have been hurt more by America than by all others.
- American domination carries with it the entire miseries of the oppressed nations.
- America is the number-one-enemy of the oppressed and deprived peoples of the world.
- America says 'we have interests in the Region.' Why should it have interests in our Region and why should the interests of the Muslims belong to America!?
- Muslim nations hate foreigners generally, Americans, especially.
- Let the world know that any trouble that Iranian nation and Muslim nations have is caused by foreigners, by America.
- The most important and painful problem that Islamic nations and non-Islamic nations of the dominated states face concerns America.
- All of our distresses are caused by America.
- Our entire misery is by the hand of America.
- America wants you for your oil, wants you as a market, to take away the oil and sell you junk!
- The real enemies of the Quran, Islam and its holy Prophet (SAW) are the superpowers, especially America.
- America, this natural criminal that has set the world on fire and its colleague, world Zionism, to reach their objectives commit crimes that pens and tongues are ashamed to describe.
- Our entire troubles come from America and Israel.
- Let the president of America realize that he is the most hateful individual to our nation.
- The feelings of the Iranian nation concern American government, not American nation.
A group of Zionist settlers stormed on Tuesday the courtyards of Al-Aqsa Mosque in the occupied al-Quds (Jerusalem) as the Zionist police deployed 15 troops to secure the invaders.